I'm watching a news report about how bad the city's pothole problem is this year. There have already been 10 times as many reports of potholes this season than all of last season. Apparently, we've had more temperature fluxuations than usual (one day it dropped something like 45 degrees in about 9 hours), plus all that snow I've been whining about. This morning I saw some potholes so deep the rebar was exposed. In one, the rebar was broken, so cars essentially had to drive over metal spikes! Not surprisingly, we passed dozens of cars with flat tires. Just getting to work is an obstacle course!
Spring is going to be so awesome.
3 comments:
Do you have enough to fill the Albert Hall yet?
The potholes are out of control! Yesterday, I passed one that was so big an entire tire could fit in it. Crazy!
They're especially bad after several freeze-thaws in the winter. A few years back, I actually blew out a tire when I hit one I didn't see, and got stranded for a while because I had forgotten to charge my cell phone and it was dead (it was 2am and the highway was deserted). Let's just say I charge my phone religiously now!
Post a Comment