Blogging has been light around here while I made the last push at delivering my manu-baby, as Research Advisor has been calling it. After much labor, it was finally submitted yesterday at 6:08 pm. It entered the world with all its references and figures just right and we have big hopes for its future.
In other words, the paper I've been whining about for the last 12 months is FINALLY DONE!!!
We aimed kind of high on the journal (at my insistence) so I'm not holding my breath that it will be accepted. I think it will at least go to review. I really hope so because I don't want to think about it for a few months. I'm looking forward to working on other things for a while.
Research Advisor came through in the end with tons of great comments and lots of help with the final details. And she gave me a Twix as soon as I hit submit.
I learned a lot during the course of writing this paper: science, writing, communicating, and managing coauthors. I'm hoping the next one is easier and quicker.
*word count does not include references and stuff. page count does.
19 comments:
Congratulations!
Hope you don't get many-baby blues now. The twix should help.
Well done, and fingers crossed for the coming part of the process!
Congrats!
Congratulations!
Woo-hoo, well done! Make sure you congratulate yourself a lot and have a really nice weekend!
Congratulations! I can't wait until I can put up a post to the same effect. In the meantime, I will have a drink in honor of your paper - cheers!
Congrats!! Take a break and enjoy your weekend.
Congratulations!
Woot! No matter how it turns out, getting one in always feels great.
Hey that's great! Congrats :)
This is great! Congratulations!
Congratulations from me too! Hopefully soon, I will feel the same way about a particular paper I have been working on for at least the same amount of time ...
And ... 43 pages??? Wow ...
(let me know if/when it gets published, you know I would be interested!)
Thanks Everyone!
Stepwise, I too hope I don't crash now. So far I feel more motivated to tackle the next thing, but we'll see if that lasts.
Nina, I will certainly send you a pdf when/if it gets to that stage. Good luck getting yours finished, and tell me about it when it comes out. I'm so curious about the French paper. :)
Yay!Congratulations!!!
Way to go EGF! I'm totally inspired to finish my year-long project. And my prelim proposal.
Congratulations!
Alright! Finally done! It must feel reall good.
congrats and good luck!
That's so fantastic. Isn't that a nice little fuzzy feeling when you get something tangible accomplished... that you can - you know - see?
Bravo!
Yeah!!
Post a Comment