I've seen this at several different blogs and decided to do it myself.
Bold means I've done it. Italics mean it's one of the 5 on this list that I'd most like to do.
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii (#1 dream vacation)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (I marched in the evening parade with my high school marching band. It was AWESOME, wasn't it BFF?)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis (I'm not sure why this is on such a list. Is there some superstition I don't know?)
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped (not appealing. especially since EGM has inculcated me with his fear of detached retinas.)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch (if knitting and walking on stilts count)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked (this would be fun if it were safe enough.)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (well, I've definitely been inefficient when I "worked at home" but I've never truly played hookey.)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (again, is there something I'm missing here? why would I want to hold a lamb?)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon (not appealing.)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (I frequently see the sunrise -- it's so cool when the great orange disk slides up above the horizon so quickly you can detect the movement. I've only seen a sunset like that once.)
31. Hit a home run (something I have certainly fantasized about, but just in the context of backyard games. I'm always last picked.)
32. Been on a cruise (would love to, but it's a low priority, vacation-wise. Although I guess I did go on a 1-night cruise on the Baltic Sea. There wasn't much beside a disco, so it's not what comes to mind when someone says "cruise".)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (sounds like wet, short-lived excitement.)
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors (there are other places I'd rather see.)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language (another thing I've daydreamed doing.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (when I was in college with a part-time job, I had plenty of pocket money for beer with some left over. So not enough in the wider sense, but I was satisfied in the here-and-now sense.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (not especially appleaing.)
41. Sung karaoke (I'd love to do this, but EGM doesn't like me to sing. Given that he loves most everything else I do, I take his word for it that no one else would like to hear me sing, either.)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa (I'd quite like to see Africa, but I'm not sure what the ideal circumstances would be. I'd love to do fieldwork in the Sahel, but I'm not sure I have the nerve.)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted (Not appealing. My sister's kids had this done. Apparently it's not all it's cracked up to be.)
48. Gone deep sea fishing (I'm not sure what qualifies, but I've fished just far enough out that I couldn't see the shore.)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (I'm counting the hard core lemonade stand business al a Babysitter's Club I had when I was a kid)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (I've wanted to do this ever since I saw "Castaway" even though I know it wouldn't be like that.
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving (not appealing)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt (not appealing.)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades (another trip I'd love to make)
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (This is one of my dream vacations. I WILL do it someday soon enough that I'm fit enough to enjoy it. I was seriously envious of Rebecca's recent trip.)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (shortly after I graduated college and started my tech job. It was so exciting! Until I went back to school and still had to make payments.)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (not appealing)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (just fish)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury (it was just like Law & Order)
91. Met someone famous (I fantasize about this occasionally. In a "Notting Hill" kind of way. I'm sure Brad Pitt would LOVE to play Cranium with me and my friends.)
92. Joined a book club (haven't do this, although I would like to.)
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant (at the zoo)
5 comments:
Highly recommend Hawaii and Grand Canyon - but teaching yourself a language is really hard (at least for me it was).
Do you like caviar?
I feel I have about zero aptitude for languages, so I'm sure it would be extremely difficult to teach myself one. I'm SO impressed by people who can do it. Did you learn English mostly on your own, or are you referring to another language?
It has been a very long time since I ate caviar and I think I found it underwhelming. It was fine, but I'd prefer a strong cheese. I'm not sure if my opinion would chance if I tried it again. I'm not very picky (other than with meat products) so I bet I'd like it, or at least think it's fine. Caviar is a big deal in your region of origin, no?
I learned the beginnings of English on my own (mostly written English), but moving to the U.S. did wonders to my vocab and the ability to speak.
And yes, I love caviar, but certainly not everyone does - my own sister cannot stand it! (more for me ;)
I love this list! The detached retinas comment made me almost snort my beer (ouch). I'm going to use this meme as motivation to get done with grades.
I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, too. I've heard that it's beautiful.
As far as the Everglades are concerned, a word to the wise: Go in the winter. Seriously. Otherwise you will wish that the gators would just go ahead and finish the job that the mosquitos started.
Post a Comment