Ecogeoman would like you to know that he got a fellowship to pay his stipend next year! Since he intends to graduate before next school year is over, he's hoping that they'll let him start the fellowship early, which would relieve major stress since there may not be a TA for him this summer. Since he's foreign, he can't really work anywhere else, so we're worried he may not have any summer funding. Here's hoping for some flexibility.
16 comments:
yay for EGM!
Woohoo for EGM!!!
Yay for EGM! I'm crossing my fingers that there's some flexibility in the funding.
Very cool!
That's great. I hope they do offer him some flexibiliy so summer funding will not be a problem.
Yeah, great news. And I think it's cute he wanted us to know. I can imagine him saying, "tell your blogger friends I got the fellowship."
Congrats to EGM!
Woo hoo!
That's great! Congrats!
I'll pass on all of your nice remarks!
Jennie, it was pretty much like that. He kept saying, "have you told the bloggers about my fellowship? Post it now, okay?" It was cute.
yay! Now hoping for flexibility.
Yay! N.A. and I have had conversations that he has told me would make good posts. Should we take it as a sign that we blog too much or that we have supportive men? (I'm going with the latter!)
Congratulations EGM and EGF! Funding is great news in these hard times when people are losing jobs left and right.
woohoo! that is awesome news, and i'm sure there will be some flexibility
yay! congrads ecogeoman!
Thanks, Everybody. It looks like he will indeed get to start the fellowship in June instead of September and that he will actually get paid a little more than he does now! Yay.
U.R., EGM helps generate at least 25% of my blog content. Sometimes I think he should get his own blog, but then I think that would be bad for me because I need the fodder!
Post a Comment