Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quick update

I haven't posted in ages and I'm way behind in my blog reading. We have a house guest for several weeks, which is keeping me away from my computer in the evenings. It's a very fun guest to have because the person is excellent company and a perfect match for me science-wise, so we're having lots of great science discussions. Also, I mentioned in the comments that I had to travel for a funeral. It was a sad affair for an uncle who wasn't that old (71) but had been sick with cancer for several years. He lived a high-quality life much longer than initially expected, but the final decline was very quick. I'm glad I got the chance to say goodbye and it was good to see my family (the kids grow so much between each visit!).

I'll try to get back to regular posting, but I'm sure it will continue to be intermittent as long as our guest is here. I will especially try to get on the interviews I promised to several bloggers. Sorry about the delay!

6 comments:

Karina said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle's death, EGF. I'm glad that you got to say goodbye though. Seeing family helps.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Sorry about your uncle, but gladd you are enjoying the house guest visit.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle. Family is good and I'm glad that your house guest is fun!

Silver Fox said...

I was so happy last night - it was this post I finally figured out how to comment from my phone. Can't sign into the account to comment, have to the use Name/URL line.

Now I can comment anywhere/anytime! (Obviously, I don't spell as well though.)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Albatross said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle but glad it was a nice visit with family. Your house guest sounds great!