- There's just one more day of work before the end-of-year break. I'm thrilled. Because I work mostly at the institution where my main research advisor is rather than the university, I mostly follow their calendar. They shut down the last week of the year, turning off heat and everything. Only employees that need to perform essential work are allowed and they have to be on a list. So, I feel no guilt for taking the whole time between Saturday and Jan 1 off. I might do a little work at home, but only if I feel like it.
- We are going to my hometown on Saturday, in time to see my best friend before she leaves that town to spend Christmas with her family, who live in a different town. I just love seeing her. After that, it will be hard core family time until we leave, probably on the 28th.
- I think Ecogeoman got me a present today. yay! He can be pretty hopeless with gifts (my last birthday was a disaster) but sometimes he comes through brilliantly. I'll be happy as long as there's something because I spent pretty much time and money (well, not that much money) getting nice gifts for him. This is definitely and issue of the time and consideration involved, not the money.
- We had friends over last night which was really fun. I served a bunch of snacks instead of a meal. Today was a potluck at work. I think tonight we'll have the leftovers from last night. Could I possibly eat more cheese and dip? My sodium intake must be through the roof! Not to mention the fat. Mmmmmmm, salt and fat.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
RBOC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
salt and fat got me through my drive home! I ate almost a whole thing of pringles, a bag of swedish fish and friends, and a couple of protein bars.
yay for a forced vacation! Enjoy your holidays.
Post a Comment